Email is one of the best ways to build an audience that is engaged with your brand. It’s also one of the best ways to sell products or create a big buzz for your next event or launch. There are many other benefits to growing your mailing list as well. Not growing your mail list can mean missed opportunities to connect with those who want to hear from you.
When you send a message to your list you can get hundreds of replies, because people are more likely to click on a link or answer a question by email than through a blog post.
Building your email list is powerful because it’s a friendly way to build trust with people. Your message is delivered directly to your audience and it’s private. You can be yourself, and your list members don’t have to be afraid of openly sharing their struggles or questions.
Here are 8 benefits to growing your mailing list:
1. You own your list. You have 100% access to it no matter what. Social media can change their privacy or user settings at any time. If you depend solely on them to build a customer list, you are at risk of losing your ability to communicate freely with them.
2. An email list allows you to communicate with a targeted audience, and those individuals are more likely to pay attention since they opted in to your list to begin with.
3. Email can be used to drive your audience to Twitter, Facebook and other social media. You can invite your subscribers to join you on your social media channels and pages.
4. Your message goes directly to your subscriber’s inbox. They opted in to hear from you so you have their permission to share and communicate with them.
5. Selling through email is expected and accepted, unlike on other platforms such as social media or blogs where we expect more content than advertising. And the more subscribers you have the better your success rates will be.
6. Email marketing is a quick way to communicate newsworthy content to your audience. For example, if your industry has a new plugin coming out, you can let your subscribers know before it does.
7. Not everyone is on Facebook or Twitter, but almost everyone has an email. There are still those die-hard people who don’t want to be on, or don’t trust, social media. Most of these people do, however, have access to an email account.
8. An email list allows you to build a friendly relationship and to build trust with your subscribers.
Building and growing your email list is necessary for your business to build and grow relationships with people who are interested in you and your product. They care about what’s going on in your life and the products you recommend.